Graves County Middle School Media Center

Check back here for updates from your GCMS library.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thirteen Days to Midnight

My third beach read for the week was Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman.  The book is about a teenager named Jacob.  "You are indestructible. Three whispered words transfer an astonishing power to Jacob Fielding that changes everything. At first, Jacob is hesitant to use the power, unsure of its implications. But there's something addictive about testing the limits of fear."  It is a great mystery that asks the question...if you could pick any superpower, what would it be?

 
I am a HUGE Patrick Carman fan because his books are great and I was able to meet him when he visited GCMS in 2011.  Some of my favorites from him are the Skeleton Creek series and Pulse, a dystopian fiction.

Also, as I was sitting on the beach, I tweeted that I was reading his book.  He tweeted me back!!!!  See below!
Patrick Carman@patrickcarman                       
Author swoons! And there are beach scenes in the book, so you'll feel right at home. 

No comments: